ETDP SETA is an approved Quality Council for Trades and Occupations’ (QCTO) Assessment Quality Partner (AQP) charge with the responsibility to oversee the management of External Integrated Summative Assessments (EISA) conducted by Assessment Centres and/or Assessment Sites. Its AQP function relates to five occupational qualifications it has developed together with its stakeholders and are registered by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
The key AQP functions as delegated by QCTO to the ETDP SETA are amongst others, the:
- Development of systems and processes for accreditation of Assessment Centres and registration of Assessment Sites;
- Recommendation of de-accreditation of an Assessment Centre or a Skills Development Provider;
- Development of the bank of assessment tools and instruments for each of the occupational qualifications it quality assures;
- Existence of a reliable and secure electronic database to record learner registration, assessment centres, external assessment applications and assessment data in a format prescribed by the QCTO and;
- Development of the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) mechanisms.
In discharging the aforementioned mentioned functions, the ETDP SETA as an AQP, has made significance strides, which include the development of systems and processes for accreditation of Assessment Centres and registration of Assessment Sites.