SAQA ID Number: 97691
NQF Level: 5
Registration Start Date: 2016-04-08
Registration End Date: 2019-04-08
Last Enrolment Date: 2020-04-08
Last Achievement Date: 2023-04-08
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare a learner to operate as a Community Development Practitioner. A Community Development Practitioner acts as a change agent to add value to community development practice by exploring and coordinating networks and partnerships. Conducts community-based research to inform interventions, aligned to relevant legal and regulatory frameworks. Plans, designs and manages community interventions through the application of appropriate leadership and management styles; all of which are done to promote ethical and professional community development practice.
A qualified learner will be able to:
- Compile and present community profile reports;
- Manage community development information and data (Gathering, analysis and storing);
- Establish, identify and coordinate community development structures;
- Assess the performance of and provide support to community development structures;
- Monitor the progress and achievements of community development initiatives and;
- Mobilise and manage volunteers and support staff.
Further details about this occupational qualification are accessible by clicking on the following link from the SAQA website: