SAQA ID Number: 94598
NQF Level: 5
Registration Start Date: 2015-07-01
Registration End Date: 2018-06-30
Last Enrolment Date: 2019-06-30
Last Achievement Date: 2022-06-30
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare a learner to operate as a Library Assistant. Library Assistants issue and receive library materials, sort and shelve information resources and assist the librarian in providing service to library users.
A qualified learner will be able to:
- Assist library users in accessing basic library materials, e-resources and making interlibrary loans;
- Practice circulation and shelving of library materials;
- Maintain library records relating to the acquisition, and accessioning of books and other materials;
- Perform administration and auxiliary activities such as filing, word processing, keeping statistics and perform basic material repairs and maintenance and;
- Assist with the delivery of outreach and reading development programmes, marketing and displays.
Further details about this occupational qualification are accessible by clicking on the following link from the SAQA website: