ETDP SETA is an approved Quality Council for Trades and Occupations’ (QCTO) Assessment Quality Partner (AQP) charged for amongst others to manage External Integrated Summative Assessments (EISA) conducted by Assessment Centres and/ or Assessment Sites. Currently, ETDP SETA is an AQP for five occupational qualifications it developed with its stakeholders and are registered by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
Key AQP functions delegated by QCTO to the ETDP SETA are as follows:
- Development of systems and processes for accreditation of Assessment Centres and registration of Assessment Sites;
- Recommendation of de-accreditation of an Assessment Centre or a Skills Development Provider;
- Development of the bank of assessment tools and instruments for each of the occupational qualifications it quality assures;
- Development and maintenance of a reliable and secure electronic database to record learner registration, assessment centres, external assessment applications and assessment data in a format prescribed by the QCTO and;
- Development of the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) mechanisms.
In discharging the aforementioned mentioned functions, the ETDP SETA as an AQP, has made significance strides, which include the development of systems and processes for accreditation of Assessment Centres and registration of Assessment Sites.