The Education and Training Practices Sector Education and Authority (ETDP SETA), established in terms of The Skills Development Act, 1998 (as amended), hereby calls for nominations from its Constituencies to serve on the Board of the ETDP SETA from 01 April 2018 to 31 March 2020. The Board comprises of a maximum of fifteen (15) members drawn from the Constituencies below. The Independent Chairperson is appointed directly by the Minister of Higher Education and Training:
(i) Six Nominees from Organised Employers (including government departments that are employers)
(ii) Six Nominees from Organised Labour
(iii) Two Nominees in the following categories:
- government departments that have an interest in the sector but the departments are not an employer as contemplated in (I ) above
- a professional body in the sector
- a bargaining council with jurisdiction in the sector or
- organisation of community which have an identifiable interest in skills development in the sector
Eligibility: The nominees must be drawn from the above categories and should have extensive knowledge and experience in broad strategy formulation, strategic planning, corporate governance, financial management, understanding of skills development legislation and commitment to promote the best interests of the ETDP SETA in its entirety.
Nomination forms are available from the ETDP SETA website:
www.etdpseta.org.za or available for collection from the office of the Chief Executive Officer at 41 Wordsworth Avenue, Senderwood, Berdfordview. The Standard Constitution of SETA Regulations Skills Development Act 26 of 2011 can be accessed from the ETDP SETA website.
The following documents are required:
- A signed motivation letter for the appointment of the nominee by the nominator (containing full names, address and contact details), explaining the nominee’s suitability for appointment in terms of the criteria stated above;
- A signed nomination form;
- A brief and recently updated curriculum vitae of the nominee, including three (3) contactable references and
- Certified copies of the nominee’s Academic qualifications, Identity document and proof of residence (not older than three months).
All candidates will be required to disclose all business interests and will also be subjected to security clearance. Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates once all administrative procedures are concluded. The Minister of Higher Education and Training reserves the right not to appoint the nominees.
The Closing date for the submission of Nominees is 29 September 2017. Late submissions will not be considered.
Enquiries may be directed to Ms Priya Govender:
Telephone: 011 028 7200 or firstname.lastname@example.org