The SETA is mandated to promote and facilitate the delivery of education, training and development in order to enhance the skills profile of the Education, Training and Development (ETD) sector and contribute to the creation of employment opportunities especially for those previously disadvantaged.
Out of the 21 SETAs, the ETDP SETA is one of 18 SETAs that have been re-established with no changes for the period 2011 – 2016 (Certificate no. 07/ETDP/01/04/11) by the Minister of Higher Education and Training (DHET), Dr Blade Nzimande.
In terms of the new constitution as gazetted in the government gazette notice no. 34202 of 08 April 2011, the following members have been appointed as members of the ETDP SETA Accounting Authority with effect from 01 April 2011.
Schedule 4 of the ETDP SETA constitution show member representation on the Accounting Authority. Click here to access it
To promote and facilitate the development and improvement of the skills profile of the sector’s workforce in order to benefit employers, workers and employees in the sector.
To support its vision, the ETDP SETA has as its mission the promotion, facilitation and development of education training and development in which:
- The skills levels of employees and workers are raised
- There is a healthy balance between supply and demand in the labour market
- There are diverse, flexible routes for initial and in-service education and training
- A variety of career paths is available
- The quality of education and training provided is improved
- The levy grant scheme is efficiently administered
- There is regular liaison with providers, other SETAs, the Department of Labour, the Department of Basic Education, the Department of Higher Education and Training, the National Skills Authority, the South African Qualifications Authority, the quality councils and professional bodies
- Internal and external communication is effective in order to advance national human resources and skills development
- Dialogue and interaction is encouraged between public and private entities in the sector with regard to skills transfer and training
- Good service delivery is encouraged
- Employers, workers and employees in the sector benefit from quality training, higher productivity and harmonious mutual dependence.
The ETDP SETA upholds the following values:
- Courteousness and caring
- Honouring deadlines
- Promotion of quality among all stakeholders
- Co-operative governance
- Approaching work in a developmental manner
- Continuous improvement
- A sustainable environment.